There were four overripe bananas on the counter a few days ago and I knew I had to take advantage of it and make some banana bread. I love to dress up my banana bread and have lots of different notes and textures. This banana bread also has a ton of everyone’s favorite ingredient: Greek yogurt!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar (if you prefer a sweeter bread bump up to 3/4 cup)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp table salt
1 1/2 cups of very overripe bananas mashed well (not just brown speckled, but totally brown. Trust me, they have better flavor!)
1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
6 tbs melted and cooled unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Put oven rack in the low-middle position. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the bananas, yogurt, egg, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
4. Fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined (do not over mix!) then fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts. Scrap into the loaf pan and smooth the surface.
5. Bake until the loaf is deep golden brown on the top and a toothpick comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.