These little lava cakes are super easy and perfect for when you need chocolate and don’t want to put any effort into making something. You can eat them plain (I usually do) or you can get creative and add some *bruleed marshmallows!
*Really, I just wanted to use my new kitchen torch and this was a great opportunity but I also like the texture and slightly burnt flavor of the marshmallow with the chocolate.
4 tbs butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 egg yolk
3 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sugar
1 1/2 tbs flour
5 big marshmallows cut in half lengthwise and one cut in half the other way (optional)
Serves 2 (or only you if you really need a chocolate fix!)
1. Preheat oven to 450. Generously butter then flour two ramekins.
2. Vigorously whisk the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla until fluffy. Set aside.
3. On 15 second intervals melt the butter and chocolate together and stir until completely combined.
4. Stir the flour and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into ramekins. Bake for about 7 minutes until the edges are crisp and the center jiggles.
5. Serve quickly or let the cakes rest for 5 minutes, organize the marshmallows on top and brulee until they reach your desired darkness.