Egg Yolk Days was nominated for a Leibster Award by More-Sprinkles.com (an awesome blog you should check out!) I didn’t know what it was, but fortunately the lovely Erinn explained in her blog tagging us. Here is what she said:
“A Liebster Award is a traveling award that is awarded to new bloggers with less than 200 followers. Those nominated then pass the award on to 11 other bloggers who also have less than 200 followers.”
Since this blog is also my grandma’s, all the answers will be from the both of us!
Here are the rules for the nomination.
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
11 FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. We love going to festivals like the Lavender and Tulip festival.
2. Chocolate chip mint is our favorite kind of ice cream.
3. We both have green eyes!
4. We love canning in the summer.
5. We like to bake bread, although we don’t do it often.
6. We both love the 1940s and 1940s food and culture.
7. Even though gramawama is much better at it, we both like to garden.
8. We love “The Little Red Hen” story and use its morals often in the kitchen.
9. We’re going to Ireland!
10. We’re both with significant others who cannot cook for themselves. 😉
11. We believe strongly in the healing power of fresh juice and foods.
QUESTIONS FROM MORE-SPRINKLES (answered in Elliewellie / Gramawama format!) :
- Why did you start your blog? We wanted to have a place where we could share all the wonderful recipes, family traditions, and experiences we have.
- Where is your favorite place you’ve traveled to? France / Venezuela.
- What is your favorite hobby? Sewing / Gardening
- Where are you from? Seattle / Ogden
- Who has been the most supportive of your blog? The whole family!
- Fruity or chocolatey desserts? Chocolatey / Fruity
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but have not done yet? Go to Ireland!
- Are you a morning or night person? Night / Morning
- What is your biggest fear? Snakes / Spiders
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee / Neither
- What kind of blogs do you like to follow? DIY, craft, and food blogs
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
1. The Great Zambini
2. Recipe Adaptors
3. Hello Homebody
4. A New Recipe Each Week
6. Jannie Cakes
8. Munch and Makeup
9. Behind the Green Door
10. The Runaway Dilettante
11. The New Craft Society
QUESTIONS FROM EGG YOLK DAYS:
1. What is your favorite season?
2. Can you swim?
3. What is your least favorite food?
4. What color do you wear the most?
5. What is your dream job?
6. Spicy or tangy?
7. Do you like your handwriting?
8. Do you speak any other languages?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Hot drinks or cold drinks?
11. How do you keep track? (list, phone, calendar, etc.)