This Snickers themed pie is ultra rich and super delicious, containing all the best elements you could ask for: Oreos, peanut butter, ganache, and chopped up Snickers. After browsing the internet for many Snickers pie recipes, I wasn’t impressed and decided to create my own. It ended up being a little messy, but everyone absolutely loved it!
I made these in 8 mini pie plates, but you could make 2 regular sized pies out of the ingredients.
For the filling
1 package of cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (or smooth if you prefer)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 cups whipping cream, whipped into stiff peaks
For the crust
1 box of regular oreos
3 tablespoons melted butter
For the ganache
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup whipping cream
3 Snickers bars, chopped
1. Using electric beaters or a kitchen-aid, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar for about a minute or until completely smooth and fluffy.
2. Fold the whipping cream into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture gently until combined completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Pulse the entire box of Oreos in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Pulse in melted butter. Press into 8 mini pie plates, or 2 regular pie plates. Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerated until the crust firms up.
4. Heat the whipping cream in a small pan until it almost boils. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and it is smooth. Let it cool slightly. (if it is too stiff to spread when you assemble, microwave for a few seconds).
5. To combine cake, carefully spoon mixture into crusts. Pour ganache over the top. Sprinkle with Snickers. Refrigerate for 1 hour at least, then keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Note, this is a pretty messy dessert!